To help provide timely service to our patients, we prefer to schedule sick and routine visits. If you are later than 15 minutes for your appointment, we will try to work you back into the schedule, or perhaps offer an appointment to you with another provider. Out of courtesy to our patients, we may be forced to ask you to reschedule your appointment.
If an emergency should arise, please call 911. Emergencies are considered to be those conditions that are life-threatening: loss of consciousness, severe bleeding, seizure, etc. In the case of minor emergencies (lacerations, cuts, mild fractures, sprains), please call our office first for instructions.
We make every effort to schedule appointments for ill children on the day that you call us. Please call our office ahead of time so that we can minimize the time that you will spend waiting. If you have a medical emergency during office hours, we will do our best to see your child immediately or refer you to the appropriate facility.
Walk In Appointments
We offer walk-in visits Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) from 7:30am to 8:30am at our Taney Avenue West office. THERE ARE NO WALK-IN HOURS ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY.
- These visits are for patients over 2 months old who have illnesses that require a brief visit, such as ear checks or routine respiratory illness (stuffy noses, sore throats, coughs).
- To take advantage of our walk-in visits, simply bring your child to the Taney Ave West Office and sign in to see the next available provider.
- Please note - our providers rotate through the walk-in schedule. In order for us to work as efficiently as possible, you will not be able to choose which provider you see.
- We offer a limited number of same day sick appointments for established patients on evenings and weekends at our Taney Avenue office.
- All calls on evenings and weekends are answered by our telephone triage nurses who take a history from the parent and determine the best course of action (ii.e., provide advice for the parent about how to care for the patient, an immediate appointment, ER visit, etc).
We recommend regularly scheduled preventive healthcare visits during which we monitor growth and development, ensure complete immunization and encourage preventive health measures. Our schedule is open 3 months in advance.
We feel very strongly that vaccinating on schedule with currently available vaccines is the right thing to do for all children and young adults.The vaccine schedule below is the CDC recommended schedule but there may be occasions where the provider alters the schedule somewhat depending on your child's individual circumstances. Flu vaccine is not included on the schedule below but is strongly recommended for all patients older than 6 mos of age during flu season.
As a minimal guideline we expect that our patients be no more than one vist behind schedule and up to date with all vaccines by age 2.
Well Visit Schedule
*Will be emailed if we have a valid email address on file (helpful to have completed before visit)
**Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers (completed at time of visit)
***Patient Health Questionnaire (completed at time of visit)